- Announcement Number:
- Food and Beverage
- Position Status:
- Regular, Full Time
- USD $18.00 / SGD $13.00 - SGD $18.00 Hourly
- Areas of Consideration:
- Local Commuting Area
- Relocation Expenses:
*To ensure compliance with an applicable preliminary nationwide injunction, which may be supplemented, modified, or vacated, depending on the course of ongoing litigation, the Federal Government will take no action to implement or enforce the COVID-19 vaccination requirement pursuant to Executive Order 14043 on Requiring Coronavirus Disease 2019 Vaccination for Federal Employees. Therefore, to the extent a Federal job announcement includes the requirement that applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 pursuant to Executive Order 14043, that requirement does not currently apply. Federal agencies may request information regarding the vaccination status of selected applicants for the purposes of implementing other workplace safety protocols, such as protocols related to masking, physical distancing, testing, travel, and quarantine.*
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• This is a training or worker position and may be tailored to fit any of the occupational trades.
• Serves as assistant to a higher grade maintenance worker/mechanic in maintaining all equipment and facilities in optimum operating condition.
• Assists in the performance of one or more trade practices associated with occupations such as carpentry, plumbing, electrical, air conditioning, painting, and other related trades.
• Such assignments may include but not limited to: assists maintenance workers in performing general maintenance and repair and/or alterations to such items as: doors, floors, floor covering, walls, ceilings, windows, electrical switches, receptacles and light fixtures, commodes, wash basins and showers.
• Assists in performing repair of recreation/mess equipment and appliances and other related maintenance and/or custodial duties.
• Assists in the performance of simple plumbing repairs, replacing faucets or washers; repairing toilet flushing devices; clearing clogged drains, and tightening leaking pipe joints.
• Assists in the performance of light maintenance on air conditioning units and intermediate maintenance on equipment in the facility.
• May assist in the performance of minor electrical repairs to switches and boxes, and replace electric lights, fuses and fixtures.
• Drives motor vehicles to and from work sites, warehouses, and dumps.
• Maintains maintenance shop in a safe and clean condition. Observes environmental safety, security and housekeeping rules and regulations.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Basic knowledge of trade practices sufficient to complete simple tasks using common skills. Familiarity with safe use of common hand and powered tools.
• Possession of, or ability to obtain a valid state driver’s license.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Satisfactorily complete all background checks to include National Agency Check with Written Inquiries (NACI). Work schedule will vary as required by the needs of the program to include weekend and holidays.
Some positions have special requirements. Selection may be tentative pending the completion of the satisfactory employment reference checks and receipt of proof of education (where applicable). Selectee may be required to complete a one (1) year probationary period. Participation in the Direct Deposit/Electronic Fund Transfer is required. Salary is commensurate with experience and/or education.
The Department of the Navy (DON) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, mental or physical disability, genetic information, reprisal, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, or any other non-merit factor. The DON provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Applicants with disabilities who believe they may require reasonable accommodation(s) should email their request to MWR_Recruitment@fe.navy.mil to ensure proper consideration is given.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED
Using the qualifications of the positions, as predetermined Ranking and Rating Criteria of knowledge, skills, and abilities will be used for each application.
All benefits offered (medical, dental, life insurance, spouse & dependent life insurance, long-term disability, retirement, and 401(k) savings plan).
You can review our benefits at: https://www.nafhealthplans.com/enrollment/cnic/
− Resume or NAF Application Form
− PCS Orders and Family Entry Approval (Military) OR Sponsor’s Letter of Employment (Civilian)
− OF-306 Declaration for Federal Employment (This is a REQUIRED form and MUST be signed in ink and dated within the opening and closing date of this vacancy announcement)
− Proof of Education (such as high school diploma/GED, clinical licensure, awarded/conferred academic degree transcript(s) and/or *related coursework transcript(s) relevant to the position
− If claiming Veteran’s Preference, please submit a legible copy of DD-214 (page 4)
− If you are a current federal employee, please submit your most recent Personnel Action Report (PAR) or SF-50
Note: To receive consideration for a non-related degree or eligibility based on a combination of education AND experience, a college transcript is required. All transcripts MUST show student’s name and the name of the awarding university or educational institution, degree type, awarded/conferred date, and the field of study. *If your degree has not been awarded/conferred, you must provide a copy of your HS Diploma or equivalent along with transcript(s). Transcripts from foreign colleges must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency in order to be considered. Applicants are responsible to obtain and submit proof of creditability of education as evaluated by a credentialing agency which is a private U.S. organization. Credential evaluations are not free and applicants are responsible for the cost of the selected service.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants can submit all required documents to: CNRJ NAF Human Resources Office, PSA Sembawang Terminal, Deptford Road, Bldg. 7-4, Second Floor, Singapore 759657.
Or send via email to: MWR_RECRUITMENT@fe.navy.mil.
Please visit our webpage at https://www.navymwrsingapore.com/jobs.
AGENCY CONTACT INFO
Commander Navy Region Japan NAF Human Resources Office (N941)
Commander, Navy Installation Command
PSC 473 Box 12
FPO AP 96349-0001
Tel: (315) 243-5446 / 046-816-5446
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT
Please ensure that your application/resume contains all the information requested in the vacancy announcement. If your resume or application does not provide all the information requested on this form and in the job vacancy announcement, you may lose consideration for the job. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.