Club Manager (Terror Club)
- Announcement Number:
- Food and Beverage
- Position Status:
- Regular, Full Time
- US $19.70 / SG $18.00 - US $20.09 / SG $24.00 Hourly Plus non-taxable Post Allowance
- Areas of Consideration:
- Local Commuting Area
- Relocation Expenses:
*To ensure compliance with an applicable preliminary nationwide injunction, which may be
supplemented, modified, or vacated, depending on the course of ongoing litigation, the Federal
Government will take no action to implement or enforce the COVID-19 vaccination requirement
pursuant to Executive Order 14043 on Requiring Coronavirus Disease 2019 Vaccination for Federal
Employees. Therefore, to the extent a Federal job announcement includes the requirement that
applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 pursuant to Executive Order 14043, that
requirement does not currently apply. Federal agencies may request information regarding the
vaccination status of selected applicants for the purposes of implementing other workplace safety
protocols, such as protocols related to masking, physical distancing, testing, travel, and quarantine.
This position is located in the Food and Beverage Division (F&B), Morale, Welfare and Recreation
Department, Fleet Activities, Navy Region Center Singapore. The Food & Beverage division provides
support services for approximately 600+ people including active duty military, family members, NAF and
APF civilians, coalition forces, tenant commands and their dependents. The Food & Beverage Division has
a multicultural workforce of over 40 personnel. The incumbent is responsible for the overall management
of the Terror Club.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
-Incumbent responsible for planning, directing and managing a wellrounded
club program that includes dining, social and recreational events. Uses initiative, judgment and originality in food and
beverage planning, merchandising and control.
- Applies existing guidelines and develops own supplements and procedures for use by the staff to
evaluate patron needs and interests.
- Assists with the formulation of club instructions, directives and SOPs. Determines facility and
equipment modernization requirements.
- Establishes weekly, monthly and quarterly facility and equipment maintenance schedules and
ensures their implementation.
- Plans and develops new menus, special events, etc. The incumbent is often required to coordinate
with other activities, MWR Managers, vendors, and personnel.
- Incumbent attempts to resolve customer and/or employee disputes before they are brought to the
attention of the F&B Director.
- Establishes effective internal communication controls. Functions as a key element of the MWR
management team, ensuring club support of various MWR special events and programs, as well as
staff, supply and logistical support for areas of food, beverage and ente1tainment for all MWR
divisions as special circumstances warrant.
- Promotes effectiveness and efficiency within the club using strong organizational and budgetary
- Works with employees to develop strong internal controls to ensure compliance with CNIC
mandated financial standards.
- Conducts management review of onsite programs and activities, identifying problems and/or
deficiencies and takes appropriate corrective measures. Develops financial goals and objectives for
each department within the facility and ensures that employees are kept appraised of their
- Oversees the maintenance and updating of the Food Trak inventory system and Point of Sale
system, ensuring accurate item pricing and costing, inventory levels, and recipe cards. Procures
food, beverages and supplies. Procures all office supplies and retail merchandize. Conducts monthly
food and beverage inventories. Establishes cost control procedures, ensure their application and
modifies procedures as necessary.
- Reviews, analyzes and evaluates SAP financial statements. Determines red flag areas and develops
corrective action to implement solutions.
- Ensures that effective controls are in place and implemented to maintain accountability for all
funds. Verifies that receipts are properly deposited and that required financial records and reports
are prepared and properly maintained.
- Creates a positive, safe work environment that allows employees to excel. Upholds high standards
of integrity and ethical behavior.
- Ensures compliance with applicable laws, regulations and policies affecting NAF and Local National
personnel including Merit System Principles and Prohibited Personnel Practices.
- Establishes training programs to ensure that employees are thoroughly knowledgeable of their
particular duties and of management's expectations. Directly plans, reviews, modifies, and assigns
daily work both orally and in writing to both fulltime and flex NAF and Local National staff.
- Schedules and approves leave, directs and approves the staff schedule and approves all US
timecards in Kronos. Recommends personnel actions, (i.e. IEPs, evaluations, promotions, awards
etc.) and ensures that they are free from discrimination based on race, color, sex, age, religion,
national origin or any other non-merit factors.
- Provides mandatory on the job training to staff on a regular and recurring basis. Supports and
complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Programs.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Incumbent should have at least three years of relevant (Business Administration or Hospitality
Management) management experience. Knowledge of computers (Windows, Word, & Excel) is
required. Knowledge of Point of Sales systems and Food Trak Inventory Software is preferred.
- Knowledge of DoD and Navy club policies, regulations, administrative practices and procedures
related to management, planning, budgeting, scheduling and coordinating club social and
recreational programs and for efficient operation and use of assigned facilities and equipment.
- Must have skills in developing directives, instructions and procedures concerning the
administration of social and recreational activities and utilization of the club resources.
- Skills in developing and conducting surveys and audits to identify program deficiencies.
- Knowledge of industry and Navy food sanitation standards; knowledge of food operations and
special event practices including menu design, food preparation, proper service techniques,
decorating, customer flows, beverage service, contact preparations, portion controls and
scheduling. Incumbent must possess the ability to manage an operation with a widely diverse
- Knowledge and understanding of the regulations and guides to interpret and apply them to a
variety of accounting situations; knowledge of accounting procedures sufficient to follow
individual funds from initiation through expenditure stages in order to trace discrepancies in the
- Skill in coordinating the scheduling or implementation of work with other organizational
- Must be able to communicate effectively and accurately both verbally and in writing. Must have
the ability to meet and converse with the public in a friendly and courteous manner and work
harmoniously with management and other subordinates.
- Must complete satisfactorily the Food Handler's Physical Examination.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Satisfactorily complete all background checks to include National Agency Check with Written Inquiries
(NACI). Must possess a valid health card. When required, must be able to work at night, weekend and/or holiday.
Some positions have special requirements. Selection may be tentative pending the completion of the
satisfactory employment reference checks and receipt of proof of education (where applicable).
Selectee may be required to complete a one (1) year probationary period. Participation in the Direct
Deposit/Electronic Fund Transfer is required. Salary is commensurate with experience and/or education.
The Department of the Navy (DON) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will
receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, mental or
physical disability, genetic information, reprisal, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, or
any other non-merit factor. The DON provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with
disabilities. Applicants with disabilities who believe they may require reasonable accommodation(s)
should email their request to MWR_Recruitment@fe.navy.mil to ensure proper consideration is given.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED
Using the qualifications of the positions, as predetermined Ranking and Rating Criteria of knowledge,
skills, and abilities will be used for each application.
All benefits offered (medical, dental, life insurance, spouse & dependent life insurance, long-term
disability, retirement, and 401(k) savings plan).
You can review our benefits at: https://www.nafhealthplans.com/enrollment/cnic/.
- Resume or NAF Application Form
- PCS Orders and Family Entry Approval (Military) OR Sponsor’s Letter of Employment (Civilian)
- OF-306 Declaration for Federal Employment (This is a REQUIRED form and MUST be signed in
ink and dated within the opening and closing date of this vacancy announcement)
- Proof of Education (such as clinical licensure, transcripts/copy of degree(s)/certification(s))
- If claiming Veteran’s Preference, please submit a legible copy of DD-214 (page 4)
- If you are a current federal employee, please submit your most recent Personnel Action Report
(PAR) or SF-50
Note: To receive consideration for a non-related degree or eligibility based on a combination of
education AND experience, a college transcript is required. All transcripts MUST show student’s name
and the name of the awarding university or educational institution, degree type, awarded/conferred
date, and the field of study. *If your degree has not been awarded/conferred, you must provide a copy
of your HS Diploma or equivalent along with transcript(s). Transcripts from foreign colleges must be
evaluated for U.S. equivalency in order to be considered. Applicants are responsible to obtain and
submit proof of creditability of education as evaluated by a credentialing agency which is a private U.S.
organization. Credential evaluations are not free and applicants are responsible for the cost of the
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants can submit all required documents to: CNRJ NAF Human Resources Office, PSA
Sembawang Terminal, Deptford Road, Bldg. 7-4, Second Floor, Singapore 759657.
Or send via email to: MWR_RECRUITMENT@fe.navy.mil.
Please visit our webpage at https://www.navymwrsingapore.com/jobs.
Please visit our webpage at https://www.navymwryokosuka.com/jobs to find a sample format and
information on Military Spouse Preference.
Please direct inquiries to: MWR_RECRUITMENT@fe.navy.mil
AGENCY CONTACT INFO
Commander Navy Region Japan
NAF Human Resources Office (N941) Commander, Navy Installation Command
PSC 473 Box 12 Tel: (315) 243-5446 / 046-816-5446
FPO AP 96349-0001 Email: MWR_RECRUITMENT@fe.navy.mil
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT
Please ensure that your application/resume contains all the information requested in the vacancy
announcement. If your resume or application does not provide all the information requested on this
form and in the job vacancy announcement, you may lose consideration for the job. Applications
received after the closing date will not be considered. If selected for an interview, applicants can
expect to be contacted 1-3 weeks after the interview with a position offer or notification of nonselection.