Cook (Terror Club - 2 Vacancies)
- Announcement Number:
- Food and Beverage
- Position Status:
- Regular, Full Time
- USD $17.25 / SG $11.00 - SG $15.00 Hourly
- Areas of Consideration:
- Local Commuting Area
- Relocation Expenses:
*To ensure compliance with an applicable preliminary nationwide injunction, which may be supplemented, modified, or vacated, depending on the course of ongoing litigation, the Federal Government will take no action to implement or enforce the COVID-19 vaccination requirement pursuant to Executive Order 14043 on Requiring Coronavirus Disease 2019 Vaccination for Federal Employees. Therefore, to the extent a Federal job announcement includes the requirement that applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 pursuant to Executive Order 14043, that requirement does not currently apply. Federal agencies may request information regarding the vaccination status of selected applicants for the purposes of implementing other workplace safety protocols, such as protocols related to masking, physical distancing, testing, travel, and quarantine.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Performs a full range of simple cooking tasks by preparing and cooking items requiring little or no processing such as pancakes, sausage, eggs, hamburgers, and fresh or canned vegetables.
• Prepares all forms of hot cereals; broils meats; prepares and cooks concentrated or dehydrated soups, sauces, and gravies; and makes cold sandwich fillings.
• Prepares convenience items such as frozen hash browns, fish fillets, and chicken nuggets.
• May prepare and bake pizza.
• Prepares foods by peeling, chopping, grinding, paring, cutting, slicing, dicing, pureeing, dredging, flouring, and breading.
• Weighs, measures, and dispenses foods in accordance with portion controls.
• Mixes ingredients according to precisely written recipes.
• Sets up and replenishes salad bar.
• Covers, dates, and stores leftovers according to established procedures.
• Cleans and maintains equipment and work areas.
• Maintains accurate food inventories and rotates stock items to prevent spoilage.
• Kitchens are often warm and noisy.
• Exposed to steam, fumes, and odors, danger of falling, burns, and cuts. Exposed to extremes in temperatures when entering walk-in refrigerators from the warm kitchen.
• Performs other related duties as required.
• Working knowledge of the methods and procedures relating to food preparation in small quantities, and the skill to apply such information to cook a limited variety of prepared foods.
• Ability to read and understand written food service material such as food labels, standardized recipes, etc.
• Ability to perform basic arithmetic computations in multiplying ingredients for a recipe and calculating how many servings.
• Knowledge of the characteristics of various foods such as color, flavor, consistency, texture, and temperature and cooking time required.
• Skill in planning, coordinating and timing sequence of steps required to have all menu items ready for serving at specified time.
• Knowledge of sanitation principles. Ability to do the work of the position without more than normal supervision.
When education is a basic requirement for the position, or when substituting education for experience, applicants MUST submit a copy of your high school transcripts, college transcript, or a list of courses which includes grades earned, completion dates, and quarter and/or semester hours earned as part of your application package. Foreign education must include evidence that it is comparable to education received at accredited educational institutions in the United States. All substitutions of education for experience will be made in accordance with OPM approved qualification standards. Only attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education are acceptable to meet positive education requirements or to substitute education for experience. For additional information, please go to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and the U.S. Department of Education websites at https://www.opm.gov/qualifications and https://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Satisfactorily complete all background checks to include National Agency Check with Written Inquiries (NACI).
Some positions have special requirements. Selection may be tentative pending the completion of the satisfactory employment reference checks and receipt of proof of education (where applicable). Selectee may be required to complete a one (1) year probationary period. Participation in the Direct Deposit/Electronic Fund Transfer is required. Salary is commensurate with experience and/or education. The Department of the Navy (DON) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, mental or physical disability, genetic information, reprisal, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, or any other non-merit factor. The DON provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Applicants with disabilities who believe they may require reasonable accommodation(s) should email their request to MWR_Recruitment@fe.navy.mil to ensure proper consideration is given.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED
Using the qualifications of the positions, as predetermined ranking and rating criteria of knowledge, skills, and abilities will be used for each application.
All benefits offered (medical, dental, life insurance, spouse & dependent life insurance, long term disability, retirement, and 401(k) savings plan). You can review our benefits at: https://www.nafhealthplans.com/enrollment/cnic/
− Resume or NAF Application Form
− PCS Orders and Family Entry Approval (Military) OR Sponsor’s Letter of Employment (Civilian)
− OF-306 (Declaration for Federal Employment / Must be signed in ink and dated within the opening and closing date of this vacancy announcement)
− Proof of Education (such as high school diploma/GED, clinical licensure, awarded/conferred academic degree transcript(s) and/or related coursework transcript(s) relevant to the position
− If claiming Veteran’s Preference, a legible copy of DD-214 (page 4).
− If you are a current Federal employee, please submit your most recent Personnel Action Report (PAR) or SF-50
Note: To receive consideration for a non-related degree or eligibility based on a combination of education AND experience, a college transcript is required. All transcripts MUST show student’s name and the name of the awarding university or educational institution, degree type, awarded/conferred date, and the field of study.
*If your degree has not been awarded/conferred, you must provide a copy of your HS Diploma or equivalent along with transcript(s). Transcripts from foreign colleges must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency in order to be considered. Applicants are responsible to obtain and submit proof of creditability of education as evaluated by a credentialing agency which is a private U.S. 3 organization. Credential evaluations are not free and applicants are responsible for the cost of the selected service.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants can submit all required documents to: CNRJ NAF Human Resources Office, PSA Sembawang Terminal, Deptford Road, Bldg. 7-4, Second Floor, Singapore 759657.
Or send via email to: MWR_RECRUITMENT@fe.navy.mil.
Please visit our webpage at https://www.navymwrsingapore.com/jobs.
AGENCY CONTACT INFO
Commander Navy Region Japan NAF Human Resources Office
(N941) Commander, Navy Installation Command
PSC 473 Box 12
FPO AP 96349-0001
Tel: (315) 243-5446 / 046-816-5446
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT
Please ensure that your application/resume contains all the information requested in the vacancy announcement. If your resume or application does not provide all the information requested on this form and in the job vacancy announcement, you may lose consideration for the job. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.