Recreation Aid CYP Seasonal (2 Vacancies)
- Announcement Number:
- Child Care
- Position Status:
- US $15.00 - Hourly
- Areas of Consideration:
- Local Commuting Area
- Relocation Expenses:
- $500 Sign-on Bonus, plus up to $1,750 in Retention Bonuses
**This is a special seasonal job opportunity for 17/18-year-old students that are currently enrolled in high school**
*Amendment: COVID-19 Vaccination Not Required*
*$500 Sign-on Bonus, plus up to $1,750 in Retention Bonuses*
To ensure compliance with an applicable preliminary nationwide injunction, which may be supplemented, modified, or vacated, depending on the course of ongoing litigation, the Federal Government will take no action to implement or enforce the COVID-19 vaccination requirement pursuant to Executive Order 14043 on Requiring Coronavirus Disease 2019 Vaccination for Federal Employees. Therefore, to the extent a Federal job announcement includes the requirement that applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 pursuant to Executive Order 14043, that requirement does not currently apply. Federal agencies may request information regarding the vaccination status of selected applicants for the purposes of implementing other workplace safety protocols, such as protocols related to masking, physical distancing, testing, travel, and quarantine.
This position is assigned to Non-appropriated (NAF) Child and Youth Program (CYP); Singapore Area Coordinator, (SAC). Incumbent serves as a Recreation Aid providing assistance in the oversight of activities and services for children/youth. Dependents hired under this announcement will be able to assist direct care staff and food service workers in preschool and school-age programs from children ages 3-12 years. This seasonal employment will continue until the end of the year, Friday, December 30, 2022.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists in the programming, planning, and implementation of a variety of recurring and non-recurring activities for children/youth.
- Works with assigned personnel to ensure that facilities are maintained in the proper state of cleanliness both inside and out and assists in preparing areas for scheduled events.
- Ensures adherence to regulations and safety procedures.
- Assists with the supervision of children and youth during daily schedule of indoor and outdoor activities, on field trips, outings, and special events.
- Helps arrange for and/or serve appropriate snacks or meals where applicable.
- Helps prepare, arrange, and maintain indoor and outdoor activity areas and materials to accommodate daily schedule.
- Sets up displays and bulletin boards.
- Inventories equipment on a recurring basis and recommends replenishing damaged, missing, and depleted supplies.
- Secures supplies, equipment, and facilities for activities.
- Assists in maintaining routine reports and/or performs general clerical duties.
- Assists in general maintenance and cleaning duties.
• Knowledge of basic mathematics.
• Knowledge of recreational activities.
• Skill in the use of Microsoft Office Programs (e.g., Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook).
• Ability to accurately complete written reports and/or forms.
• Ability to learn CYP policies, rules, and regulations involving work areas.
• Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
• Ability to safely and properly use common cleaning equipment and materials.
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, in English.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Must be 17 or 18 years of age and currently attending high school.
- Must be a dependent of a Service Members or DoD Civilian.
- Must provide at least two reference checks to be verified.
- Position is subject to special inoculation and immunization requirements as a condition of employment for working with children. Employee is required to obtain appropriate immunization against communicable diseases in accordance with recommendations from the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP), which includes the influenza vaccine.
- Must pass a pre-employment physical, provide evidence of immunization, and be free from communicable disease.
- Occasional travel of less than 10% may be required.
- Position is not telework eligible.
- The work requires considerable walking, standing, bending, stooping in the performance of work.
- Lifting of up to 40 pounds may be required.
Some positions have special requirements. Selection may be tentative pending the completion of the satisfactory employment reference checks and receipt of proof of education (where applicable). Participation in the Direct Deposit/Electronic Fund Transfer is required. Salary is commensurate with experience and/or education. The Department of the Navy (DON) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, mental or physical disability, genetic information, reprisal, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, or any other non-merit factor. The DON provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Applicants with disabilities who believe they may require reasonable accommodation(s) should email their request to MWR_Recruitment@fe.navy.mil to ensure proper consideration is given.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED
Using the qualifications of the positions, as predetermined Ranking and Rating Criteria of knowledge, skills, and abilities will be used for each application.
BENEFITS NAF Flexible (FLEX) employees are not eligible for benefits or leave accrual.
- Resume or NAF Application Form
- PCS Orders and Family Entry Approval (Military) OR Sponsor’s Letter of Employment (Civilian)
- OF-306 (Declaration for Federal Employment / Must be signed in ink and dated within the opening and closing date of this vacancy announcement)
- Proof of high school enrollment (please visit school’s registrar office)
Note: To receive consideration proof of high school enrollment is required. Applicants are responsible for obtaining and submitting proof of high school enrollment and are encouraged to reach out to the schools registrar office to obtain proof. All proof of high school enrollment must be in English or a professional translation copy must be provided at the time of application. Translation to English may not be free and applicants are responsible for the cost of the selected service.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants apply online at www.USAJobs.gov.
Or send via email to: MWR_RECRUITMENT@fe.navy.mil.
Or submit all required documents to: CNRJ NAF Human Resources Office, PSA Sembawang Terminal, Deptford Road, Bldg. 7-4, Second Floor, Singapore 759657.
Please visit www.navymwrsingapore.com/jobs for more information.
AGENCY CONTACT INFO
Commander Navy Region Japan NAF
Human Resources Office (N941) Commander,
Navy Installation Command
PSC 473 Box 12
FPO AP 96349-0001
Tel: 315-243-5446 / 046-816-5446
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT
Please ensure that your application/resume contains all the information requested in the vacancy announcement. If your resume or application does not provide all the information requested on this form and in the job vacancy announcement, you may lose consideration for the job. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.