Recreation Aid (N921 Fitness, Sports and DFS / Athletics)
- Announcement Number:
- Position Status:
- USD $15.00 / SGD $9.50 - SGD$14.00 Hourly
- Areas of Consideration:
- Local Commuting Area
- Relocation Expenses:
*To ensure compliance with an applicable preliminary nationwide injunction, which may be supplemented, modified, or vacated, depending on the course of ongoing litigation, the Federal Government will take no action to implement or enforce the COVID-19 vaccination requirement pursuant to Executive Order 14043 on Requiring Coronavirus Disease 2019 Vaccination for Federal Employees. Therefore, to the extent a Federal job announcement includes the requirement that applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 pursuant to Executive Order 14043, that requirement does not currently apply. Federal agencies may request information regarding the vaccination status of selected applicants for the purposes of implementing other workplace safety protocols, such as protocols related to masking, physical distancing, testing, travel, and quarantine.*
This position is assigned to the Non-Appropriated Fund (NAF) Fleet Readiness Branch; Fleet and Family Readiness (FFR) Programs; Commander, Navy Installations Command (CNIC). Incumbent performs a variety of duties in support of the Recreation Program that may include Morale, Welfare, and Recreation (MWR) special events, MWR information/resources, command events, visiting ships or fleet support, community events, trips, tours, outings, party and picnic rental equipment, resale tickets, Library, Liberty, leisure skill classes and outdoor recreation or other similar MWR recreational services including grab-n-go, bowling and movies, fitness and sports.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Performs assigned duties and provides necessary services to authorized patrons, including general information and support of recreation and fitness programs.
• Provides information concerning facilities and operation.
• Ensures adherence to regulations, safety and security procedures.
• Assists in maintaining routine reports and/or performs clerical, custodial and/or general maintenance duties.
• Performs numerous functions in support of recreation and fitness program delivery to include inventory control, equipment inspection, restocking, point of sale system operation and cash handling.
• Operates a cash register, Point of Sale (POS) system, processes product or service transactions including equipment loan, rentals, resale, and program registration; receives payments and makes change.
• Greets patrons in person, answers the telephone, takes messages, handles customer requests, makes referrals to the appropriate staff member.
• Adheres to NAVMED P-5010 sanitation requirements. Provides support for recreation event set up and break down.
• Knowledge of the MWR department in order to answer customer questions and/or refer customers to the appropriate activity.
• Skilled in keyboarding to include operation of point of sale systems as well as desktop computers.
• Ability to perform basic computer operations.
• Ability to read and comprehend in order to adhere to published rules, regulations, standard operating procedures, checklists, and other guides.
• Ability to perform basic custodial tasks (e.g., sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, wiping, dusting, etc.). Ability to perform basic arithmetic calculations (e.g., addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division).
• Ability to identify customer needs, deliver expected service and/or resolve routine customer issues.
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• A high school diploma or GED is preferred.
• General experience of 0 – 3 months and/or high school graduate of equivalent.
When education is a basic requirement for the position, or when substituting education for experience, applicants MUST submit a copy of your high school transcripts, college transcript, or a list of courses which includes grades earned, completion dates, and quarter and/or semester hours earned as part of your application package. Foreign education must include evidence that it is comparable to education received at accredited educational institutions in the United States. All substitutions of education for experience will be made in accordance with OPM approved qualification standards. Only attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education are acceptable to meet positive education requirements or to substitute education for experience. For additional information, please go to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and the U.S. Department of Education websites at https://www.opm.gov/qualifications and https://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Satisfactorily complete all background checks to include National Agency Check with Written Inquiries (NACI). Work schedule is flexible and will vary as required by the needs of the program to include night, weekend, and holiday shifts as well as split days off. Must be able to obtain and maintain a National Agency Check with Written Inquires (NACI), upon hiring and renew every 5 years and/or a Child Care National Agency Check with Inquires when there is regular contact with children under the age of 18. Must have or be able to obtain and maintain the following certification within 90 days of hire: Emergency First Responder or Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation, Food Handlers, C.A.R.E (Controlling Alcohol Risks Effectively)
Occasional travel of less than 10% may be required.
Some positions have special requirements. Selection may be tentative pending the completion of the satisfactory employment reference checks and receipt of proof of education (where applicable). Selectee may be required to complete a one (1) year probationary period. Participation in the Direct Deposit/Electronic Fund Transfer is required. Salary is commensurate with experience and/or education. The Department of the Navy (DON) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, mental or physical disability, genetic information, reprisal, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, or any other non-merit factor. The DON provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Applicants with disabilities who believe they may require reasonable accommodation(s) should email their request to MWR_Recruitment@fe.navy.mil to ensure proper consideration is given.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED
Using the qualifications of the positions, as predetermined Ranking and Rating Criteria of knowledge, skills, and abilities will be used for each application.
Flexible (FLEX) employees are not eligible for benefits or leave accrual.
− Resume or NAF Application Form
− PCS Orders and Family Entry Approval (Military) OR Sponsor’s Letter of Employment (Civilian)
− OF-306 Declaration for Federal Employment (This is a REQUIRED form and MUST be signed in ink and dated within the opening and closing date of this vacancy announcement)
− Proof of Education (such as high school diploma/GED, clinical licensure, awarded/conferred academic degree transcript(s) and/or *related coursework transcript(s) relevant to the position
− If claiming Veteran’s Preference, please submit a legible copy of DD-214 (page 4)
− If you are a current federal employee, please submit your most recent Personnel Action Report (PAR) or SF-50
Note: To receive consideration for a non-related degree or eligibility based on a combination of education AND experience, a college transcript is required. All transcripts MUST show student’s name and the name of the awarding university or educational institution, degree type, awarded/conferred date, and the field of study. *If your degree has not been awarded/conferred, you must provide a copy of your HS Diploma or equivalent along with transcript(s). Transcripts from foreign colleges must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency in order to be considered. Applicants are responsible to obtain and submit proof of creditability of education as evaluated by a credentialing agency which is a private U.S. organization. Credential evaluations are not free and applicants are responsible for the cost of the selected service.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants can submit all required documents to:
CNRJ NAF Human Resources Office, PSA Sembawang Terminal, Deptford Road, Bldg. 7-4, Second Floor, Singapore 759657.
Or send via email to: MWR_RECRUITMENT@fe.navy.mil.
Please visit our webpage at https://www.navymwrsingapore.com/jobs.
AGENCY CONTACT INFO
Commander Navy Region Japan
NAF Human Resources Office (N941) Commander,
Navy Installation Command
PSC 473 Box 12
FPO AP 96349-0001
Tel: 315-243-5446 / 046-816-5446
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT
Please ensure that your application/resume contains all the information requested in the vacancy announcement. If your resume or application does not provide all the information requested on this form and in the job vacancy announcement, you may lose consideration for the job. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.