- Announcement Number:
- Food and Beverage
- Position Status:
- USD $12.59 / SG $10.00 - SG $12.00 Hourly
- Areas of Consideration:
- Local Commuting Area
- Relocation Expenses:
***This is a re-advertisement of announcement FFR21-0316 which closed on 07/23/21***
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Prepares and serves all types of alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages from a full-service bar.
• Mixes a wide variety of drinks to order, following a variety of established recipes.
• Receives payment or charges to member's account. Makes change and is accountable for cash funds.
• Assists in taking inventory and maintaining records.
• Keeps bar area clean and keeps area stocked properly at all times.
• Washes bar equipment, glassware, and utensils. May perform other sanitation duties within the assigned work area as required. • Performs other related duties as required. (Must meet minimum age requirements.)
• Ability to mix and serve a wide variety of beverages by combining ingredients such as liquors, soda, water, sugar, bitters, and fruit garnishes.
• Serves liqueur, beer, and wine, and is skillful in mixing such beverages as an Alexander, Margarita, Zombi, Singapore Sling, etc.
• Skill to completely set up a bar and to recognize impending shortages of supplies based on the volume of business and insure their timely replacement.
• Ability to collect tabs, chits or cash in appropriate amounts and is accountable for cash and inventory for the period worked.
• Ability to recognize intoxicated or unruly patrons and to resolve the problem or seek assistance if needed.
• Responsibility: Instructions concerning the proper operation of the bar are furnished orally or in writing by the manager.
• Incumbent is held responsible for the proper operation of the bar, receipts, and inventory accountability.
• Ability to do the work of the position without more than normal supervision. This includes the following elements; work practices, ability to interpret instructions specifications, etc., ability to use and maintain tools and equipment, i.e. blenders, mixers, etc., knowledge of materials, dexterity, and safety.
When education is a basic requirement for the position, or when substituting education for experience, applicants MUST submit a copy of their high school transcripts, college transcript, or a list of courses which includes grades earned, completion dates, and quarter and/or semester hours earned as part of your application package. Foreign education must include evidence that it is comparable to education received at accredited educational institutions in the United States. All substitutions of education for experience will be made in accordance with OPM-approved qualification standards. Only attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education are acceptable to meet positive education2 requirements or to substitute education for experience. For additional information, please go to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and the U.S. Department of Education websites at https://www.opm.gov/qualifications and https://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Satisfactorily complete all background checks to include National Agency Check with Written Inquiries (NACI).
Must walk or stand for prolonged periods of time. Must be able to work day, evenings, and weekend shifts, including holidays.
Some positions have special requirements. Selection may be tentative pending the completion of the satisfactory employment reference checks and receipt of proof of education (where applicable). Selectee may be required to complete a one (1) year probationary period. Participation in the Direct Deposit/Electronic Fund Transfer is required. Salary is commensurate with experience and/or education.
The Department of the Navy (DON) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, mental or physical disability, genetic information, reprisal, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, or any other non-merit factor. The DON provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Applicants with disabilities who believe they may require reasonable accommodation(s) should email their request to MWR_Recruitment@fe.navy.mil to ensure proper consideration is given.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED
Using the qualifications of the positions, as predetermined Ranking and Rating Criteria of knowledge, skills, and abilities will be used for each application.
NAF Flexible (FLEX) employees are not eligible for benefits or leave accrual.
− Resume or NAF Application Form
− PCS Orders and Family Entry Approval (Military) OR Sponsor’s Letter of Employment (Civilian)
− OF-306 Declaration for Federal Employment (This is a REQUIRED form and MUST be signed in ink and dated within the opening and closing date of this vacancy announcement)
− Proof of Education (such as high school diploma/GED, clinical licensure, awarded/conferred academic degree transcript(s) and/or *related coursework transcript(s) relevant to the position
− If claiming Veteran’s Preference, please submit a legible copy of DD-214 (page 4)
− If you are a current federal employee, please submit your most recent Personnel Action Report (PAR) or SF-50
Note: To receive consideration for a non-related degree or eligibility based on a combination of education AND experience, a college transcript is required. All transcripts MUST show the student’s name and the name of the awarding university or educational institution, degree type, awarded/conferred date, and the field of study. *If your degree has not been awarded/conferred, you must provide a copy of your HS Diploma or equivalent along with transcript(s). Transcripts from foreign colleges must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency in order to be considered. Applicants are responsible to obtain and submit proof of creditability of education as evaluated by a credentialing agency which is a private U.S. organization. Credential evaluations are not free and applicants are responsible for the cost of the selected service.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants can submit all required documents to CNRJ NAF Human Resources Office, PSA Sembawang Terminal, Deptford Road, Bldg. 7-4, Second Floor, Singapore 759657.
Or send via email to: MWR_RECRUITMENT@fe.navy.mil.
Please visit our webpage at https://www.navymwrsingapore.com/jobs.
AGENCY CONTACT INFO
Commander Navy Region Japan NAF Human Resources Office (N941)
Commander, Navy Installation Command
PSC 473 Box 12
FPO AP 96349-0001
Tel: (315) 243-5446 / 046-816-5446
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT
Please ensure that your application/resume contains all the information requested in the vacancy announcement. If your resume or application does not provide all the information requested on these 3 forms and in the job vacancy announcement, you may lose consideration for the job. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.