Front Desk Associate
- Announcement Number:
- Position Status:
- Regular, Full Time
- USD$11.00 - SGD $13.00 - USD$13.00 - SGD $18.00 Hourly Plus non-taxable Post Allowance
- Areas of Consideration:
- Local Commuting Area
- Relocation Expenses:
*This is a re-advertisement of announcement number FFR21-0265A which closed on 08/03/2021*
This position is located at Navy Gateway Inns & Suites operation at Singapore Area Coordinator (SAC). The purpose of this position is to perform front desk and/or reservation functions for the lodging program.
• Ensures security of all guests is maintained at all times. Ensures guest privacy is maintained at all times.
• Must possess a welcoming manner and positive attitude; demonstrate effective communication skills; professionally interact with guests; answering guest questions concerning hotel facilities; and provide information about local attractions.
• Provide assistance in handling customer complaints, involving management as necessary.
• Utilizes the Property Management System (PMS) to access the guest information, retrieve reservation information, change or cancel reservations as requested by the guest, or register guests.
• Verifies registration information, secures a credit card for incidental expenses, and authorizes credit card for room charges.
• Provides guests with their room key or card. Receives requests and processes reservations within established guidelines.
• When rooms are not available, provides a certificate of non-availability (CNA) and/or alternative lodging in the area.
• Registers and assigns rooms to guests, issuing room keys or cards, transmitting and receiving messages, keeping records of occupied rooms and guest accounts, making and confirming reservations, and presenting statements to and collecting payments as necessary.
• Receives and is accountable for a change fund. Prepares Close Bank Report and deposits cash receipts at the end of each shift in accordance with established procedures.
• Responsible for inventorying all keys and any other supplies or amenities maintained at the front desk. Keeps the front desk and lobby area clean and neat.
• May be required to run and print various reports from the PMS such as Expected Arrivals, Departure List, In-House Guest List and Night Audit reports to include Daily, Monthly and Annual occupancy reports.
• Verifies charges for correctness, makes appropriate changes if errors occur, and completes all computer generated reports as assigned and notates any account discrepancies for action by management.
• Answers phones and transfers calls to appropriate individuals and replies to guest questions.
• Logs trouble calls in the PMS and ensures the appropriate department is notified.
• Relocates guest to a different room when required. May be required to retrieve Lost and Found items and contact the guest regarding lost or found items.
• The position may require a rotating shift schedule. Work hours may be scheduled for anytime during a 24 hour day, 7 days a week.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Must be skilled in the use of a personal computer and various software programs.
• Must possess basic math and reading skills. Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing in English.
• Ability to handle, control, and account for large amounts of cash.
• Preferred 6 months of work experience that demonstrates knowledge of basic principles, concepts, standards, and regulations related to hospitality operations.
• General experience of 6 months – progressively responsible clerical, office, or other work that indicates ability to acquire the particular knowledge and skills needed to perform the duties of the position to be filled and High School Diploma or equivalent.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Satisfactorily complete all background checks to include National Agency Check with Written Inquiries (NACI).
This position may be designated ALPHA personnel for inclement weather or in the interest of national security and may be required to report for work when other employees are excused.
This position is subject to the possibility of working on weekends and holidays, as well as, rotating shifts, often consisting of other than normal duty hours.
The staff member may be recalled to duty and/or required to work overtime, as necessary to meet mission requirements.
May be required to possess a valid state driver’s license. Travel to other NGIS facilities may be required within the normal scope of duties. Applicants will be notified when this is a requirement for appointment.
The incumbent is required to obtain Navy Lodging Program (NLP) front desk certification within 6 months of employment, as well as, any other requirements outlined in the Lodging Career Path Guide.
Some positions have special requirements. Selection may be tentative pending the completion of the satisfactory employment reference checks and receipt of proof of education (where applicable). Selectee may be required to complete a one (1) year probationary period. Participation in the Direct Deposit/Electronic Fund Transfer is required. Salary is commensurate with experience and/or education.
The Department of the Navy (DON) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, mental or physical disability, genetic information, reprisal, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, or any other non-merit factor. The DON provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Applicants with disabilities who believe they may require reasonable accommodation(s) should email their request to MWR_Recruitment@fe.navy.mil to ensure proper consideration is given.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED
Using the qualifications of the positions, as predetermined Ranking and Rating Criteria of knowledge, skills, and abilities will be used for each application.
All benefits offered (medical, dental, life insurance, spouse & dependent life insurance, long-term disability, retirement, and 401(k) savings plan).
You can review our benefits at: https://www.nafhealthplans.com/enrollment/cnic/.
− Resume or NAF Application Form
− PCS Orders and Family Entry Approval (Military) OR Sponsor’s Letter of Employment (Civilian)
− OF-306 Declaration for Federal Employment (This is a REQUIRED form and MUST be signed in ink and dated within the opening and closing date of this vacancy announcement)
− Proof of Education (such as high school diploma/GED, clinical licensure, awarded/conferred academic degree transcript(s) and/or *related coursework transcript(s) relevant to the position
− If claiming Veteran’s Preference, please submit a legible copy of DD-214 (page 4)
− If you are a current federal employee, please submit your most recent Personnel Action Report (PAR) or SF-50
Note: To receive consideration for a non-related degree or eligibility based on a combination of education AND experience, a college transcript is required. All transcripts MUST show student’s name and the name of the awarding university or educational institution, degree type, awarded/conferred date, and the field of study. *If your degree has not been awarded/conferred, you must provide a copy 3 of your HS Diploma or equivalent along with transcript(s). Transcripts from foreign colleges must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency in order to be considered. Applicants are responsible to obtain and submit proof of creditability of education as evaluated by a credentialing agency which is a private U.S. organization. Credential evaluations are not free and applicants are responsible for the cost of the selected service.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants can submit all required documents to: CNRJ NAF Human Resources Office, PSA Sembawang Terminal, Deptford Road, Bldg. 7-4, Second Floor, Singapore 759657.
Or send via email to: MWR_RECRUITMENT@fe.navy.mil.
Please visit our webpage at https://www.navymwrsingapore.com/jobs.
AGENCY CONTACT INFO
Commander Navy Region Japan
NAF Human Resources Office (N941)
Commander, Navy Installation Command
PSC 473 Box 12
FPO AP 96349-0001
Tel: 315-243-5446 / 046-816-5446
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT
Please ensure that your application/resume contains all the information requested in the vacancy announcement. If your resume or application does not provide all the information requested on this form and in the job vacancy announcement, you may lose consideration for the job. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.