Food Service Worker/Cashier (2 vacancies)
- Announcement Number:
- Food and Beverage
- Position Status:
- USD $11.76 Hourly / SGD $14.04 Hourly - Hourly
- Areas of Consideration:
- Local Commuting Area
- Relocation Expenses:
*This is a re-advertisement of announcement FFR21-0128A which closed on 06/17/21.*
This position is assigned to the Morale, Welfare, and Recreation (MWR) Business Operations Department; Fleet Readiness (N92); Commander, Navy Region Center Singapore; Singapore Area Coordinator. The purpose of this position is to prepare, serve, and sell a limited variety of food and beverage items available from MWR operated food centers within the club system.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Food service duties comprise 70% of incumbent’s time and include but are not limited to:
• Accepts food orders from patrons. Prepares and serves a limited variety of simple food items, such as sandwiches, pizzas, and salads.
• Cleans, cuts, slices, chops and dices vegetables, meats, cheeses, or other food items for sandwiches, salads, and pizzas.
• Weighs, measures, and assembles ingredients according to standardized recipes, to assist Cooks.
• Ensures beverage coolers are stocked.
• Serves alcoholic beverages, as required.
• Makes coffee in large urns according to number of servings desired. Operates espresso machine and blenders to make a variety of coffee and frozen drinks.
• Sets up food service counters, steam tables, dining room tables, and side service stands with hot and cold food, including meats, vegetables, salads, desserts, bread, butter, and beverages.
• Removes soiled dishes, trays and utensils.
• Cleans tables and counters; sweeps and/or mops floors; and empties/sanitizes waste cans. May be required to move heavy garbage cans.
• Cleans kitchen equipment and storage areas, such as worktables, sinks and refrigerators.
• Separates food waste and trash from dishes, glasses, serving containers and utensils in the Bar area.
• Receives supply deliveries and ensures proper storage of shipments after delivery. May unload food from trucks.
• Coordinates food and beverage needs for special events, such as preparing and serving food.
• Follows safety and sanitation guidelines, policies, and procedures. Cashier duties comprise 30% of incumbent’s time and include but are not limited to:
• Enters sales transactions on cash register or point of sale (POS) system; accepts payments and makes change; maintains change fund and accounts for sales.
• Answers customer questions regarding products and pricing.
• Spot checks guest checks to ensure information recorded is correct.
• Prepares Daily Activity Report (DAR) at end of shift.
• Knowledge of general sanitation principles and standards to safeguard food against spoilage, contamination, and waste.
• Knowledge of basic food handling techniques.
• Knowledge of safety procedures related to food preparation and equipment.
• Skill in performing tasks involving several steps and varied procedures.
• Skill in organizing work assignments in a logical sequence in order to execute tasks quickly and accurately.
• Ability to accurately execute work assignments with many interruptions and distractions.
• Ability to read and understand written and oral instructions.
• Ability to apportion, weigh, and measure foods accurately.
• Ability to use electrical appliances, grills, stoves, ovens, and other common kitchen equipment and utensils.
• Ability to operate a cash register or POS system.
• Ability to perform common arithmetic problems associated with receiving payment from customers, making change, and preparing cash reports.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability To Do the Work of the Position without More than Normal Supervision and any of the below:
Element No. 2, Work Practices (includes keeping things neat, clean and in order
Element No. 3, Ability to interpret instructions specifications etc (other than blueprints)
Element No. 4, Ability to use and maintain tools and equipment, i.e. blenders, mixers, etc
Element No. 5, Knowledge of materials
Element No. 6, Dexterity and Safety
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
This position is subject to the possibility of workdays on weekends and holidays, as well as, rotating shifts, often consisting of other than normal duty hours.
May be recalled to duty and/or required to work overtime, including on an emergency basis.
Must be able to satisfactorily complete a National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI).
Must be able to obtain within 3 days of hire:
• Cash Handling Training
• Responsible Alcohol Training
• Sanitation Training
Position is not telework eligible.
Some positions have special requirements. Selection may be tentative pending the completion of the satisfactory employment reference checks and receipt of proof of education (where applicable). Selectee may be required to complete a one (1) year probationary period. Participation in the Direct Deposit/Electronic Fund Transfer is required. Salary is commensurate with experience and/or education.
The Department of the Navy (DON) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, mental or physical disability, genetic information, reprisal, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, or any other non-merit factor. The DON provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Applicants with disabilities who believe they may require reasonable accommodation(s) should email their request to MWR_Recruitment@fe.navy.mil to ensure proper consideration is given.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED
Using the qualifications of the positions, as predetermined Ranking and Rating Criteria of knowledge, skills, and abilities will be used for each application.
NAF Flexible (FLEX) employees are not eligible for benefits or leave accrual.
− Resume or NAF Application Form
− PCS Orders and Family Entry Approval (Military) OR Sponsor’s Letter of Employment (Civilian)
− OF-306 Declaration for Federal Employment (This is a REQUIRED form and MUST be signed in ink and dated within the opening and closing date of this vacancy announcement)
− Proof of Education (such as a high school diploma/GED, clinical licensure, transcripts/copy of degree(s)/certification(s)), if applicable to position requirements
− If claiming Veteran’s Preference, please submit a legible copy of DD-214 (page 4)
− If you are a current federal employee, please submit your most recent Personnel Action Report (PAR) or SF-503
Note: To receive consideration for a non-related degree or eligibility based on a combination of education AND experience, a college transcript is required. All transcripts MUST show student’s name and the name of the awarding university or educational institution, degree type, awarded/conferred date, and the field of study. *If your degree has not been awarded/conferred, you must provide a copy of your HS Diploma or equivalent along with transcript(s). Transcripts from foreign colleges must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency in order to be considered. Applicants are responsible to obtain and submit proof of creditability of education as evaluated by a credentialing agency which is a private U.S. organization. Credential evaluations are not free and applicants are responsible for the cost of the selected service.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants can submit all required documents to: CNRJ NAF Human Resources Office, PSA Sembawang Terminal, Deptford Road, Bldg. 7-4, Second Floor, Singapore 759657.
Or send via email to: MWR_RECRUITMENT@fe.navy.mil.
Please visit our webpage at https://www.navymwrsingapore.com/jobs.
AGENCY CONTACT INFO
Commander Navy Region Japan NAF Human Resources Office (N941)
Commander, Navy Installation Command
PSC 473 Box 12
FPO AP 96349-0001
Tel: (315) 243-5446 / 046-816-5446
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT
Please ensure that your application/resume contains all the information requested in the vacancy announcement. If your resume or application does not provide all the information requested on this form and in the job vacancy announcement, you may lose consideration for the job. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.