This position is assigned to the Morale, Welfare, and Recreation (MWR) Business Operations Department; Fleet Readiness (N92); Singapore Area Coordinator, Singapore.
- This is a training or worker position and may be tailored to fit any of the occupational trades.
- Serves as assistant to a higher-grade maintenance worker/mechanic in maintaining all equipment and facilities in optimum operating condition. Assists in the performance of one or more trade practices associated with occupations such as carpentry, plumbing, electrical, air conditioning, painting, and other related trades.
- Assists maintenance workers in performing general maintenance, repair and/or alterations to such items as: doors, floors, floor covering, walls, ceiling, windows, electrical switches, receptacles and light fixtures, commodes, wash basins and showers.
- Assists in performing repair of recreation/mess equipment and appliances and other related maintenance and/or custodial duties.
- Assists in the performance of simple plumbing repairs, replacing faucets or washers; repairing toilet flushing devices; clearing clogged drains, and tightening leaking pipe joints.
- Assists in the performance of light maintenance on air conditioning units and intermediate maintenance on equipment in the facility.
- May assist in the performance of minor electrical repairs to switches and boxes, and replace electric lights, fuses and fixtures.
- Drives motor vehicles to and from work sites, warehouses, and dumps.
- Maintains maintenance shop in a safe and clean condition.
- Observes environmental, safety, security and housekeeping rules and regulations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.